Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Married

You see, when I was small, I've been always fascinated by marriage. The flowers, the dress, the ceremony, everything! I even told people that when I grow up I want to be a bride (consider the other children whose answers would be pilots, teachers, doctors...well, I wanna be a bride).

Unfortunately, I've never been involved in one single marriage. I mean, I've never been a flower girl, not even once! All my cousins got married out of town, or it would be the case that they just had a simple wedding reception so that I only came as a guest, not as a part of it.

Well, in the year of 2009, in January, one of my friends who share the same name with me (hehehehe) got married; then, I just got a news that one of my seniors is going to have her engagement this May (but I cannot come), and then finally my brother is going to get married! Yipppi!!! I know that we're not going to hold a wedding reception for him, my family thinks it will be better to save up the money for other things, and I agree with them. Shaking hands with hundreds of people will not make the party becoming more sacred for me.

As if the news has not been enough yet, my best friend is going to get married as well this year! I promise to give a bridal bouquet for her..

Well, seeing some of the closest people of mine getting married makes me wonder. What does it make me so fascinated by marriage? Is it the dress? The beauty? The idea of being a queen for one day? Or is it because the happiness of finding your true love? Knowing that there is someone who's going to by your side, to experience God's love and even see God in him?

Well, it may be the mixture of all, then. I believe getting married is a step for our life, then we do have to think about it seriously. Yes, love is important, but if you just love someone without considering other things, like jobs, money, responsibility, kids, parents, you will be just blinded...what kind of marriage is it if we just fight every day, complaining many things? And even worse, you fight in front of your kids? Ha? Where is your maturity then? Where is the love that you promise you have? Getting married is a great responsibility because we do have to make sure that both parties have the ability to solve problems, ability to listen, not to hear, ability to accept, not only complaining. Getting married means that you have to be ready for everything, including to have kids whom you didn't expect to come that soon. Getting married means that you can stand by your partner at any time, and I guess the lists will go on.

I'm not ready for that yet.

At this time, I'm just happy and I know my day will come. At least, I have already had my six almost seven - year - relationship and I hope we will make it forever!

2 comments:

  1. getting married yaa... uhmm.. uhmm.. rasanya masi lamaaaaaaaaaaaa gitu hihihihihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna be a bride too someday...
    hummm...yummm....

    emank banyak banget hal yg harus dipikirin yah sebelum keluar decision to get married...edan...

    gak mau mikirin dl ahh kan masih "someday" hahah

    ReplyDelete