Friday, May 8, 2009

Question of Faith

It seems that I cannot hold myself not to write! Well, here is another experience of mine then!
You see one of my best friends, Gitta, just told me something important yesterday. More or less, she told me that if, if I have good knowledge of Catholic, combined with meditation practices, it will be very good for me.

It just makes me wonder...Pak Merta always encourages his pupils to have their religions as well, in a sense, meditation doesn't mean that we cannot have our religions. In fact, meditation can enhance and improve our prayers quality.

I find it difficult to grasp, to be honest. For me, who is raised in a Catholic family but not a religious one, Catholic is a good religion (just like the other religions, of course) but they do have some limitations. I guess it's only my ego though. However, I also find the pastors not to be good enough in facilitating people. I mean, they usually just explain bla bla bla, but what is the relevant? Why do we have to go to church every week? Why does the mass have to be that long?
Do we believe in church, bible, and Jesus, just because we follow what other people do? Just because we are used to them?

I'm not saying this because I hate Catholic, nope, no at all. But I do have the questions about those kind of stuffs. I have many friends who are religious and open minded, and I see the goodness of religions on them. But what about me? I'm grateful to say that ever since I join meditation, it does open my eyes about religions, spirituals. Why do I have to learn the basic things from other source other than Catholic? One thing that you have to keep in mind, the meditation that I join, that I learn does not associate itself to certain religion. In fact, it teaches us to practice our religions wisely. That religion do important.

Well, I really love to learn more about Catholic, but I guess, it will not stop me from having many questions.

1 comment: